Teenage Car Insurance in Canada
Teenage Car Insurance is quite an issue in Canada. Any car insurance for minors or young adults with less than 6 years driving experience is going to be fairly expensive. Especially in the first couple of years licensed.
If you have a child who is getting their drivers license in you must let your insurance company know about it. In most provinces, if there are three cars and three drivers your child will be listed as one of the primary drivers on a vehicle which increases the rates.
If there are two adults and two vehicles, most Canadian auto insurers will allow the adults to be listed as primary drivers. If your insurer insists on listing the child as a primary driver it will have a big impact on rates. So consider shopping around.
How to Save on Canada Car Insurance for Under 18 Years of Age
FREE Auto Insurance Quotes
- Shop around. Here’s how: visit Car Insurance Quotes in Canada
- Insure all vehicles on one policy for a multi-vehicle discount
- Insure your home and auto with the same company for the multi line discount offered on most Canada car insurance policies
- New drivers should get driver training – most insurance company’s offer a driver training discount if a certificate is provided
- New drivers need to drive VERY carefully to build a clean record up over the first five – six years licensed
- Pay attention to policy date and birth date. If there is a change of age within six months it might be worthwhile going with a six month policy
For more Leave Teenage Car Insurance and read about Car Insurance Canada
Other pages about Car Insurance Canada that might be of interest
Ontario Auto Insurance Questions and Answers
Car insurance in Ontario Canada
Car Insurance Quotes in Canada
buy cheap auto insurance Canada
Note: Keep in mind that insurance licensing, legislation, and policies often vary by province and most certainly by country. Canada Insurance Source is a free information source. So use this site to gain a general understanding of insurance with your own area and situation in mind. This insurance information is general in nature and the policy wordings always take precedence. It is possible that there are errors and omissions in this website and www.canada-insurance-source.com, or its authors, take no responsibility. Make sure you review the "please read" page.
Return to Canada Insurance Source Home from Teenage Car Insurance