Snowbird Travel Insurance
Snowbird Travel Insurance is for people who escape our Canadian winters
for a warmer locale, often for weeks or months at a time. Travel Insurance for outside Canada is quite important to have. Especially the Emergency Medical Coverage.
If you are injured or become ill while on a trip out of country, the health care bills will be much higher than any Canadian Government Health Insurance Plan will cover. Without insurance you might not even get medical treatment unless you can pay in advance.
What you need to be aware of and consider about snowbird travel medical insurance
Back to Travel Insurance in Canada
- Limit of Coverage - $2-5million is the standard now
- Exclusions – what are they? Do any apply to you?
- Limitations – what are they? Do any apply to you?
- Pre-existing medical conditions should be carefully disclosed to the insurer for approval prior to travel
- Only emergency medical care is covered – not routine care
- Are the costs of death (including return of body) covered?
- Is the area you are travelling to covered
- Are there emergency contact numbers?
- Is there coverage for return of your travelling companion if you are evacuated to Canada? (is medical evacuation to Canada covered)
- Are you covered for the full length of the trip
- Optional coverage like trip cancellation and trip interruption may be available
Note: Keep in mind that insurance licensing, legislation, and policies often vary by province and most certainly by country. Canada Insurance Source is a free information source. So use this site to gain a general understanding of insurance with your own area and situation in mind. This insurance information is general in nature and the policy wordings always take precedence. It is possible that there are errors and omissions in this website and www.canada-insurance-source.com, or its authors, take no responsibility. Make sure you review the "please read" page.
leave snowbird Travel Insurance and visit www.canada-insurance-source.com